INTERNET SCAMS© - BEWARE
Our mission is to offer a means to share with the internet public about all the different internet scams that we as an internet business have experienced. Beware of these perpetrators
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Internet scams are on a rise and are generally designed to bilk unwitting consumers out of money or, in other cases, simply to perpetuate distribution of the "offer" as widely as possible—even though no one will ever collect any payment from forwarding the message.
The United State Federal Trade Commission maintains a listing of the most common scams and warnings for consumers at their web site. If you get an e-mail offer that sounds too good to be true, check the FTC "Listing of Most Common Scams" web site as well as Ball State list of scam alerts below.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Recent Scams, Threats and Advisories
Better Business Bureau Scam
A phishing scam is currently in circulation which targets the Better Business Bureau (BBB). MORE...
Threat and Extortion E-Mails
Due to the threat of violence inherent in these extortion e-mails, if you receive an e-mail that contains personally identifiable information that might differentiate you from the general e-mail spam campaign, you should contact law enforcement. MORE...
Fictitious Dating Service Scam for Mobile Phone Users
Criminals have launched a blended attack which attempts to lure users to a malicious Web site via text message. The new approach is sending text messages to mobile cell phone users thanking them for subscribing to a dating service. MORE...
Credit Union $50 Reward Scam
This scam entices individuals into believing they will receive a financial gain just by answering a few questions. MORE...
Benefit by doing God's work
Dying woman in London Scam MORE...
Crush Web Sites
Web sites that are looking for something more personal than financial information and passwords. MORE...
LuckyDay Lotto Winnings
Lottery Scam claiming to you have won 1,000,000.00euros. MORE...
Notify about your e-mail account utilization
e-mail account utilizaiton scam MORE...
AOL You’ve Got Pictures Scam
How to detect if You've Got Pictures service e-mails are real. MORE...
Washington Mutual Customer SCAM
A new look to the financial institution scam is being circulated on the internet. MORE...
Citizens Bank Scam
Citizens Bank is being used as a "phishing" scheme. MORE...
Scams Appearing To Be CitiBank or US Bank
The Security Response Team has received an increase in the number of inquiries regarding e-mail scams appearing to be from a financial institution. MORE...
E-mail technical support message
The following message is a hoax, supposedly sent from a Ball State account claiming to be from the "BSU.edu team". MORE...
E.A.A.S. Lottery Scam
The following message is part of a scam, designed to lure unsuspecting individuals into providing personal information. The subject line of the e-mail is often similar to: MORE...
Viruses, Hoaxes and Scams
Dealing with Spam
Information Security Newsletter
Policy and Procedures
Tools and Services
BSU Symantec Antivirus
Frequently Asked Questions
The Twelve Types of Internet Scams
Typical Scam Warning Signs
Protect Yourself Against Scams
Thursday, November 6, 2008
HELP US TO MAKE SCAM ARTISTS KNOWN
HELP US TO MAKE SCAM ARTISTS KNOWN !
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE SITE TO BRING TO THE FOREFRONT KNOWN INTERNET SCAMMERS AND E MAILS OUTLINING THEIR MODE OF OPERATION, SCAMMER PLOTS, ETC.
IF YOU ARE IN SYNC WITH WHAT SERVICE WE ARE TRYING TO PROVIDE IT WOULD BE AN ASSET TO BUILD UP FUNDS TO ASSIST IN PUBLICIZING THESE SCAMS AND FRAUDULENT INTERNET ACTIVITIES SO WE ARE ACCEPTING DONATIONS TO ASSIST YS IN OUR GOAL TO END THIS ABUSE TO LEGITIMATE PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE A LEGITIMATE LIVING AND STOP THIS ABUSE .
Saturday, November 1, 2008
BEWARE OF THESE INTERNET SCAMMERS
FIXED FEE INTERNATIONAL WANTS INPUT FROM ANY PERSON OR BUSINESS WHICH HAS BEEN SCAMMED OR ATTEMPTED TO BE SCAMMED OVER THE INTERNET. THESE CRIMINALS ARE RUTHLESS WITH NO CONCEPT OR CONSCIOUS OF THE DAMAGE THEY CAN CAUSE OR HAVE CAUSED TO LEGITIMATE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES. WOULD APPRECIATE ANYONE'S INPUT AND STORY
1. VIVI BRANDON - BEWARE - DO NOT FALL FOR HER OR HER PEOPLE'S SCAM - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org>
2. EMMANUEL WILLIAMS - U.K. - email@example.com
3. JESSICA ROSE - firstname.lastname@example.org\
4. TEDDY MILLS - Teddy Mill- Teddy@usa.com
5. Mr.Donald Cole - email@example.com
6. Michael John - Micheal John/ firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
7. Unit Mobiles Limited ,firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Linwood Johnson- email@example.com
9. Alex Henderson - Telecoms XL Limited/ firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Robert James" email@example.com
51 CALEDON ROAD,EAST HAM
LONDON E6 6HX
12."Mike Boston" firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Mariam Saliu email@example.com
14. Mr Edes Abebe firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Larry Brown email@example.com
19. firstname.lastname@example.org - scam site
22. Intelligence Monitoring Network System email@example.com
23. Dr. Francis Williams
24. Abbey - firstname.lastname@example.org
26. Million Dollar Poker Challenge - email@example.com
27. Dr. Richard Okoh - firstname.lastname@example.org
28. Mahmood - email@example.com
31. firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
32. firstname.lastname@example.org - Karen
34. ICPC NIGERIA (Anti-Fraud Unit)- email@example.com
35. Mrs Lara Schillings - firstname.lastname@example.org
36. IRISH ONLINE PROMOTION - email@example.com
We are formulating a list of criminals to avoid on the internet- for further info on anyone of these people and e mail copies contact firstname.lastname@example.org, bert calderon